Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Death Cab For Cutie Possibly on New Moon Soundtrack

This hasn't been confirmed, so I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days we get a statement from the band saying it was simply a rumor, but we can hope, can't we? They're a really amazing band, I only just recently starting listening to their stuff. They have beautiful, meaningful lyrics and the melodies always inspire rare emotions - so many bands nowadays lack both of those things.
Anyway, I wanted to show you guys this music video for their song "Grapevine Fires." It's such a unique story...and super sad. It's true, too. If the comments on YouTube are credible, then Grapevine is the nickname for a town in southern California and in 2007 there was a very bad fire. The lead singer of the band was there when the town was burning, and the terrible things he witnessed inspired this song.
Anyway. I'm getting all emotional, here. :P Enjoy:


As for what song of theirs should actually be on the soundtrack, some people are saying "I Will Follow You Into the Dark", and I think that would be a very nice one.
It would be even nicer if they composed a new song. :*

3 comments:

fanpire17 said...

Death Cab for Cutie is one of my favorite bands cause they actually make you feel things that's real, and they do it in such a way that the end result turns out amazing. look at me all deep all of a sudden. haha i loved the song, and having DCfC having a song in New Moon is one of the best ideas i've heard yet.

fanpire17 said...

p.s. i'm officialy addicted to this blog. i hope your happy.
hahaha

Twilighter said...

Yes I'm happy! :D