Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Better Way to Spend May Than With the Volturi?

Just look at these spectacular photographs and tell me you don't wish you were part of the Twilight cast!



According to Variety, Twilight is making a dash to Italy this May to shoot New Moon's epic Volterra scenes. Just looking at those old buildings makes me think "ancient evil vampires". Stephenie couldn't have chosen a more perfect location for the bad guys.
“Twilight” sequel “New Moon” has landed its first overseas sale, to Italy, where the Chris Weitz-helmed vampire romancer is partly set.
Eagle Pictures, which released “Twilight” locally, announced on Tuesday that it has reupped with Summit Entertainment for the sequel, which will shoot in the ancient Tuscan city of Volterra for two weeks in May.
In Stephenie Meyer’s bestselling “New Moon,” Volterra is the town where the powerful Volturi vampire coven resides.Shooting on the pic begins in Vancouver in March, with “Twilight” stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reprising their roles.
Eagle Pictures, which is owned by Tunisian mogul Tarak Ben Ammar and has close ties with Summit, announced that “New Moon” will be released in Italy on Nov. 20, day-and-date with its Stateside release.
“Twilight” took $15 million in Italy, making it the country’s ninth highest grosser in 2008, after “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” and ahead of Matteo Garrone’s “Gomorrah.”
To date, “Twilight” has grossed more than $350 million worldwide.
Eeeeeee I can't wait to see the beautiful things they do there in Italy! =D
Oh by the way (my math teacher says this all the time and I think its rubbing off on me), once filming begins and the Twinews picks up, I PROMISE I will have more updates. I pinky swear. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye. Okay, maybe not that far...;P

6 comments:

(Emily) said...

Yay!!! I can't wait! Italy is so beautiful! :)

aLLe said...

I would like to travel to Volterra...It's 2 hours far by car from here!!I can't wait too!!

fanpire17 said...

Gosh that place looks amazing. It's exactly how i imagined it while reading the book. I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! I say we crash the scene in Volterra and meet up with the cast and crew. (tehehe) (yeah right, if only)

' Yoke & Nat ' said...

Oh my God!! That place is exactly how i imagined it to be! AHHHH i cant wait!!! Hey i wonder how R.P's hair's coming out? I dont think its fully grown yet o.o I CAN"T IMAGINE EDWARD WITH A HAIRCUT!! can any of you guys?

caitymae1992 said...

Fanpire17 you pick a day and a hotel and I'll buy the tickets! :D That place is so beautiful! I can only imagine how much more beautiful it will be when Rob steps foot in that beautiful city! lol I CAN'T WAIT!!

Twilighter said...

*raises hand*
I'm coming with you guys when we go to Volterra and crach the scene.
I'll steal the sports car. B)