Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I Can Tell You There's a Yellow Porsche"

MSNBC has an article in which Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, and Edi Gathegi have a few things to say about New Moon:

Good news for Twi-hards; judging by the tips “Twilight” stars Ashley Greene and Kellen Lutz shared with Access Hollywood about “New Moon” on Thursday night, it sounds like the second installment in the series will remain faithful to Stephenie Meyer’s book.

“I can tell you there’s a yellow Porsche,” Greene revealed at the premiere of Dakota Fanning’s “Push,” confirming that the vehicle, which plays a special role in the “New Moon” book, will be in the movie.

“I can tell you there’s werewolves,” she added coyly. “I think (the details of ‘New Moon’ script are) kind of highly under wraps.”

Greene, who plays Alice Cullen, the sister of Edward Cullen, Robert Pattinson’s character, is expected to return alongside Lutz, who plays older brother Emmett Cullen.

“We are both confirmed to be a part of it,” he said before retracting only slightly. “I’m still waiting — crossing fingers.”

Both actors said they are thrilled over the return of Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob Black, a young man/werewolf (and the best friend of Kristen Stewart’s Bella Swan), to the franchise.

“I’m so proud of him,” Lutz said of the recent bulk-up Lautner underwent to secure his role in “New Moon.”

But one of their co-stars, Edi Gathegi, who plays Laurent, an old-school style vampire in the series, said he actually said he saw Lautner’s transformation as it happened.

“I actually worked out with him,” Gathegi revealed to Access last night. “We were working out in Australia together and working out across the country, so I saw it happening. I was there on the front lines. He was a little shrimp and he’s somewhat of a man now.”

Gathegi who will appear in “New Moon,” told Access the film would begin shooting in early spring.

“We start shooting in March in Vancouver and in Italy,” he said.


Whoo-hoo, stealing yellow sports cars, baby!
I'm so happy they get to film in Italy. That will be absolutely beautiful.
And I'm super excited to see what they do with the werewolves. Hopefully with the bigger budget they can afford some intense effects.
I'm SO excited for this thing. BOO-YAH!

Oh, and in other, slightly off-topic news, I saw Inkheart yesterday.
For those who aren't in the know, Inkheart is the first book in a trilogy written by Cornelia Funke. The books are originally written in German and had to be translated to English. If you're looking for another series of books to get into, I suggest you dive into Inkworld. They are amazing, to say the least.
As for the movie?
I loved, loved, loved it, and that's probably mostly due to the fact that Paul Bettany as Dustfinger was THE most INCREDIBLE thing EVER.
After seeing the Twilight movie, Robert Pattinson had stolen my heart as the best actor to portray a character from a book on the big screen (and before him, it was probably Viggo Mortensen's Aragorn).
But now...I think Rob has just been booted. Move over vampire, and hello fire juggler. =]
*sigh*
And now I will wait for the angry rocks to come crashing through my bedroom window. ;P
The only thing I didn't like about the Inkheart adaptation was the very end. I won't spoil it for those who may want to see the film, but let's just say I really, REALLY hope they make the sequel. :(
And now I will jump back on-topic by saying that Paul Bettany would make a seriously great vampire. I don't know which vampire, though one of the main Volturi surely, but he has a very intense look that would look even more intense once he had ruby red contacts. Yikes! 8D

5 comments:

Ana Cristina said...

Hooray for yellow Porches and Alice!
And awesome blog, by the way. I'm a noob here, but I'll definitely be back. :)

Twilighter said...

Yay!
I'm so happy you like it!
Come back as much as you like. ^_^

fanpire17 said...

sweet article stolen yellow porch=Alice

welcome ana :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just thought I’d let all you Twilight fans know about a super cool gift! It’s a personalized romance novel called Vampire Kisses and only available at http://www.bookbyyou.com. Now you and your beloved can star as Bella and Edward in your very own romance novel. Check it out!

caitymae1992 said...

Ahh Alice! She's my favorite! Oh and I love Yellow Porches! Heck I love any color Porche! lol Welcome Ana!