Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Haven't Posted Anything Since Christmas?!

Shame on me.
Anyway, I have some news for all ya now. =]

1. There is no, I repeat NO Filipino TV version of Twilight. We can all relax. And stop laughing. Or yelling. Or whichever you guys were doing when you heard that news:
Save the effort and hate words, guys! Buzzbox clarified with ABS-CBN Corporate Communication Head Bong Osorio and after checking with ABS-CBN Television Head Cory Vidanes categorically stated: “There is no plan for ABS-CBN to remake ‘Twilight.’”

2. This Christmas, Amazon sold a lotta, lotta Breaking Dawn books. A LOTTA:
Amazon’s press release has all sorts of entertaining factoids: the weight of all GPS devices it sold from Black Friday through December equals the combined weight of 151 Mini Coopers; it sold enough “Breaking Dawn” books that, if stacked end to end, they would reach the summit of Mount Everest eight times; and its top sellers in electronics included a 52-inch Samsung LCD HDTV and the eight-gigabyte Apple iPod Touch.
Eight piles of books as tall as Mount Everest. Shee-oot. ;o

3. The New York Times found Robert Pattinson's hair significant enough to actually write a small article on it:
Robert Pattinson, the break-out star of the vampire movie “Twilight,” has touched off a furor in some corners of the Internet for recently trimming his wavy hair down to a crew cut, according to yahoo.com. The Web site reports “a frenzy of look-ups” for phrases like “Robert Pattinson haircut,” “Robert Pattinson new haircut” and “Robert Pattinson with short hair.” Among fans’ concerns are that Mr. Pattinson’s hair will be too short for him to reprise his role when a sequel is to begin filming early next year.

4. People.com has "Five Fun Facts" about Rob:
1. Robert Pattinson was often taken advantage of by his older siblings. "Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as 'Claudia'!" the actor told the BBC.
2. Robert Pattinson became known to his fans as 'Spunk Ransom' after admitting he disliked his name. "I hate any reference to my name," he told MTV. "I wish people would just completely invent a new one." 'Spunk Ransom' was Pattinson's suggested alternative.
3. Robert Pattinson, who plays piano and guitar, has two songs featured in Twilight. "I cried the first time I heard the two songs," director Catherine Hardwicke told MTV. "They're deep; they're very soulful."
4. While filming Twilight, Robert Pattinson injured himself on his very first shot. "I wasn't even doing a stunt. I was just trying to pick up Kristen [Stewart] and I almost tore my hamstring because I hadn't been doing enough squats," the actor told the Los Angeles Times. "It was very embarrassing."
5. While on the Twilight set, an enthusiastic fan asked a crew member to bring her baby on set and have Robert Pattinson take a photo with the child. "So there's a photo of me like biting a baby's head," he said.

Psh, I already knew all those. ;D

1 comment:

fanpire17 said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried during Rob's songs.