Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Never Think" by Robert Pattinson and "Bella's Lullaby" by Carter Burwell

Apparently Hot Topic was hosting some Twilight parties and those who attended were lucky enough to hear two of the songs on the Twilight Soundtrack: the one by Robert Pattinson and Bella's lullaby. I dug up some YouTube videos for the world to hear:

Never Think by Robert Pattinson:

Credit: IsabellaEdwardLove
Aw. Wow. Awwww. Man. Pretty. He has a very unique and lovely voice. What a talented boy he is; he's the Edward Cullen of our world.

Bella's Lullaby by Carter Burwell:

Credit: caribbeanprincess
Many fans were not so fond of this one. They thought it was too dark, too high, and not pretty enough. I beg to differ. I think it's gorgeous. First of all, obviously it doesn't sound too great in parts because of the recording quality. The high notes will be obstructed by the noise and fuzz. And think about it, people - all of Edward's dark and complex emotions are going to be poured into this one song. It seems only right that it will sound a bit flustered and emotional, right? There were also complaints that Edward would not be able to hum it to Bella like he does in the book. Not hummable? Sure it is! It has a very distinct rhythm that even I, one who is musically challenged, can hum to. I really thought it was beautiful and I can't wait to hear it free from any interruption.

Recent Edit: Concerning Bella's lullaby, I've heard quite a few people say that in the actual movie it's likely that the lullaby will only be the piano and not the whole orchestra in the background, which is only for the soundtrack CD. It'll sound even better that way. Come on guys, it's going to be lovely. =)

7 comments:

I Punched A Werewolf in the Face said...

I went to the listening party at my local Hot Topic, too. They only played about four songs, but these are the two I remember. I knew Bella's Lullaby w/o even having to be told that's what it was. I thought it was beautiful, gentle, melodic, romantic, and dark. Just perfect! The only draw back I can think of is that it was TOO SHORT!

Oh and "Never Think" by RPatz...I had HUGE grin on my face the whole time it was playing. I love his voice. I love how the track was bare with just him and the guitar. It feels like he singing JUST TO YOU!
Or was that just how I imagined it? ^_^

Twilighter said...

It is too short, isn't it? =( I'm so glad I'm not the only one who really liked it, because it was beginning to seem like it! I thought it was so so pretty.
And I TOTALLY know what you mean about Rob's song. It's like he's right there!
By the way, I like your name. ;D

Frenzied Feline said...

:::whine:::

I just keep hearing snippets and it's killing me waiting for a clean version to listen to!

:::swooning--yet again!:::

Twilighter said...

Gosh, I know!
All the muttering and noise and fuzz in the background of these clips just ruins it.
-swoons with you-

Anonymous said...

There's that "impossible love" sense running through it. I love it.

Thanks for posting it.

LeLe said...

Oooh, I think it's great! Of course, I'm a pianist so I really like that type of melodic, building song.

Emily Pattinson said...

I LOVE THEM BOTH!! OME

ROBERT IS GORJUS!1 EVEN HIS VOICE IS GORJUS!!

BELLAS LULLABYE IS SOO PRETTY TOO!!
I MEAN ITS NO RIVER FLOWS IN YOU BUT ITS STILL ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT!!!!

OME IM SOO EXCITED!!!!!

EM xx