Sunday, September 21, 2008

Random Act of Twilightness

I spent the night at my best friend's house yesterday after a deflating but not so surprising football game in which we got creamed 17 to 40-something. Anyway, my friend's mom got some wierd movie called Finding Amanda about a guy with a persistent gambling problem as well as previous drug and drinking problems who went on this bizarre journey to Vegas to take his hooker niece to rehab. Don't ask. It wasn't actually as bad as it sounds, I assure you.
Guess who was in it? You know it's someone from the Twilight cast, obviously, but I bet you won't be able to guess who.
Peter Facinelli!
At first I didn't recognize him because he looked and acted so young. He was playing the main character's niece's disloyal boyfriend. He was cussing up a storm and acting like a total psychopathic dick and then about halfway through the movie something somewhere clicked and (in my head) I went "Oh my gosh, it's Peter" which resulted in "Oh my god, Carlisle", which ended as "OMG TWILIGHT!"
It's just funny because his character was basically as polar opposite as you can get from Carlisle. Carlisle is compassionate, this guy - I think he was called Greg. Yeah, let's go with that - was a selfish, abusive pig. Carlisle is loyal, Greg slept with another girl every night. Carlisle is a vampire, Greg appeared to be a mentally challenged ceature from the ape and or weasel family. Yeah.

No comments: