Monday, August 4, 2008

Partying it Up Like a Vampire

I spent the weekend without so much as glancing at the computer, as I was absorbed in my vampire literature marathon, but I'm on a blogging roll again now that I've finished Breaking Dawn!
First, I'd like to talk about the Barnes and Noble midnight release party I attended on August 1st (and technically into August 2nd - why does that feel like ages ago?). I got there pretty late, since my family and I were coming back from the movie theaters, at around maybe 11:45. Don't worry, it's not like I missed anything. My small bookstore didn't do anything extravagant, unless by extravagant you mean a rousing game of pin the tail on the Jacob...I didn't participate in that, I promise. BUT, even though my bookstore is a pretty insignificant thing, there were more people than I had expected. I found a group of jittery friends, too, so I wasn't alone. Together, we spent the next fifteen or so minutes gushing over Edward's liquid gold eyes.
Then one of the dudes at the register hopped up on top of the desk with a microphone and the room fell silent, save a few murmurs and giggles. He told everyone to line up, and as soon as he got the words out of his mouth, everyone rushed to the front desks and formed more of a mob than a line. I glanced at the ribbon around my wrist and sadly realized that I was number 233. If you think that's a high number - which I did at the time - just wait until you find out that they had to go into the alphabet, too: A1, E4, G9, etcetera. When the cashiers announced that the clock had offically struck midnight, the river of Twilighters erupted into a cheer, and the book-selling began. Most people held it up and went "YEAH!" as soon as they recieved their copy, and I'm surprised to say that I saw quite a few guys there (probably reluctant boyfriends for the most part, though). The sales went wonderfully fast, and in no time my number was called. I rushed to the desk, payed up, and soon had the book I'd been waiting so long for right in my hand. Cue glory music. I grinned hugely, told my jealous friends who were stuck in the alphabets good-bye, and went home. I only read the back cover before going to sleep (I guess I didn't want to rush it):

"Don't be afraid," I murmurred. "We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.
This moment was so perfect, so right, there was no way to doubt it.
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him...
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
"Forever," he agreed.

And in case you want some proof that I did indeed go to a midnight release party after saying that I might not (how silly of me, right?), here are some photos:
The stickers my friends slapped on my face and back. I decided they would look lovely on the window by my bed, where I can look at them anytime I want (the top one especially).

And there's my band with the pitiful number on it (but not as pitiful as some).

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

No comments: