Sunday, July 27, 2008

You Have to Seduce Her, Edward

Just today, I finally poked around at some Twilight fanfiction. There's a lot out there, let me tell you, and they are surprsingly enjoyable to read. People really get a feel for how Stephenie Meyer developed her characters, and even her writing style, then create intriguing Twilight tales of their own. One particularly fascinating fanfiction had me pouring over it for about an hour, almost as if it was a story by Stephenie herself. It was written as if Edward had never returned to Bella at the end of New Moon, and instead the two collide in a sudden act of fate six entire years later in Rochester where Bella is a teacher. It's told in Bella and Edward's point of view interchangeably and follows both characters as they endure angst, guilt, and desire, both wishing that the other would appear in their life again, but doubtful that their love still thrives after so many broken years. It's amusing, saddening, and hopeful all in one and, well, it's a must read. *cough*Tanya action!*cough* So far there are eight captivating chapters - and the author left me banging my head on the wall with a huge cliffhanger.

Go on, I can sense your curiosity from here - read it!
I think I'm getting a real kick out of the fanfiction world, so if I read more I'll be sure to let you know about the good ones.

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

3 comments:

Heather said...

So, I finally broke down and read that Fan Fiction. I am a bit surprised to say that I it was really good. I read some more and I thought the best one was probably "Eternal Day."

Twilighter said...

Thanks for that other one, I couldn't stop reading it. I'll have to blog it. =)

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that I thought that your story is amazing and you really got Stephanies type of righting down. I think you really need to finish it because I want to know what happens!!!!