Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Ten Magazine Covers That Got Us Talking

I just HAD to post this!
The LA Times had a list of the ten covers on magazines that got the world riled up. Automatically, you have to know which cover is going to be on there. But I'll give you a little hint...

That's right. Entertainment Weekly's Twilight propaganda ranked number 9 on the list of cover pages that shook the world. Funny, isn't? I thought so. It's a well deserved position - after all, people were still discussing it a week after it came out. In fact, people are talking about it to this day. Heck, I'm here talking about it right now.
Go here to check it and the other nine magazine covers out. It's bizarre what will get people talking, but I suppose you have to know a. what the cover is about and b. what it's implying before you can go off on a tirade.

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm surprised that one made the list. I remember a fair number of those other covers (not quite old enough to remember the John Lennon/Yoko Ono or "Is God Dead?" covers) and they were controversial for the stories. The Twilight cover was only controversial because it was bad (in the opinions of the fans). I guess the Twilight fan-dom has quite a pull with culture.