Thursday, July 10, 2008

MTV: 'Twilight Makes Cover of EW - What Do You Think?'

Larry Carroll over at MTV Movies Blog wrote a little article on his reactions to the Twilight cover of Entertainment Weekly. Now he wants to know our opinion, too: Enough about my thoughts: What do you think about the “EW” cover? How would you have done it differently, if at all? And how do you feel about the “Twilight” fanbase growing by leaps and bounds?
To answer these question in order...
I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I do think they both look stunning, but there are a few changes I would have made.
I would have given Robert his movie hair, put in those dazzling gold contacts, not gone so crazy with the powder (he looks like he's been dipped in flour and ready to bake, though not quite in a good way), maybe only had his shirt unbuttoned part way, and not made it so that it looks like he's wearing raspberry lipgloss. As for Kristen, I would have just given her the red-brown hair like in the movie, and maybe gone a bit lighter on the makeup. I would have also had them looking at each other. Robert has a fierce, heart-stopping gaze...he should be giving it to Kristen. I like their stance, however, even if it is a bit RAWR.
I'm ecstatic that Twilight is getting so much publicity. I just hope most of the people are actually going to read the books and love the characters because they are Stephenie Meyer's ingenious creations, not only because there is a movie and Robert, Kristen and the rest of the cast are hot tamales. (Don't get me wrong, that's certainly one of the reasons to be in love with Twilight, but it shouldn't be the FOREMOST reason.)
You can read Larry's full blog post here.

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

3 comments:

Heather said...

I thought the cover shot looked like a Harlequin Romance novel and that they staged it to look like Edward was going to ravish Bella in a hot second.

You can check out scans of the other pages of the article here, these are much better photos that are somewhat more representative of the actual interpersonal relationships in the books. (If you click on the thumb nail, a larger picture appears.)

Thanks for keeping the Twilight content coming... hope you enjoy The Host.

Twilighter said...

Oh man, I totally agree.
Yes! I saw those photos. They're amazing. Thank goodness they do Twilight justice!
No problem, Twilight is practically my life. So much news right now, it's insane. And I most certainly will enjoy The Host. =)

Heather said...

Now I see further down you had posted them. I guess I should have known that, if it was out there and involved Twilight, you'd have it. Thanks!