Wednesday, July 16, 2008

6th Breaking Dawn Quote of the Day

Batter up...

Charlie: “Bells, we’re up to bat.”

Charlie? Charlie as in Bella's lazy sheriff of a father - that Charlie? I think we're being tricked here...I think Stephenie is actually referring to Charlie Brown. Or Charlie Bucket. Maybe Charlie Chaplin? Don't arrest me for saying so, Officer Swan, but I just can't see you playing baseball. Or your daughter, for that matter. Especially Bella, if we're talking about the same one, here. I see you as more of an...observer...in the living room...in your easy chair. I can practically hear the handcuffs rattling, so I'll move on...
I suppose this could be a metaphor - for something radical about to happen with Charlie and Bella. Like walking down the aisle during the wedding, for instance (Aeeeiii!) If they are indeed playing baseball (I'd love to see the end result of that - mostly likely something involving broken bones and neck braces) then I doubt it's with the Cullens. Unless Charlie is so oblivious that he doesn't notice Edward dash from first base to home plate without moving. But you never know. Maybe Charlie finds out about the vampires. Maybe he IS a vampire! And maybe I spot Tanya and the Volturi over there in left field...

Credit: Stephenie Meyer

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

No comments: