Monday, July 21, 2008

11th Breaking Dawn Quote of the Day

When Alice doesn't get what Alice wants...

Renee: “Alice wouldn’t let us do anything else. Every time we tried, she all but ripped our throats out.”

I've been staring at this quote for at least ten minutes, and I'm still having difficulty fathoming it's meaning. It's nice to see that Renee seems to play a more significant role...and Alice will be Alice...hmmm...*ponderponder* I'm stumped. Usually I can come up with something, but I don't know about this one. Wait! I got it. I'm gonna break it down old school:
First, who is Renee talking to? Bella? Or maybe Renee and Bella are in the room with some of the Cullens, and she's complaining to them. Obviously she's answering what someone said or asked about doing something more, but Alice not allowing them.
What would Alice be taking control over? Well, if it wasn't something to do with dressing it up or decorating, I don't see why she would bother. I'm thinking decorating. That's a task people often do togteher - at least, if it doesn't include Alice. But since it does include Alice, she's the captain.
So what is it they would be decorating and for which occasion? The only thing that pops into my mind is the wedding. Such an important occasion calls for lavish paraphernalia, wouldn't you say? And who better to put the 'decor' in 'decoration' than Alice Cullen, queen of everything grandoise?
Okay, so here is my interpretation of this quote. Esme, Bella, and perhaps some other people (Charlie, the other Cullens, Angela...) were trying to help Alice with the wedding decorations (and by help, I mean restrain), but she threatened to rip out their throats if they did because she is in charge of the fun and no one else. Period.
We love you Alice and we know the wedding is going to look absolutely gorgeous all because of you.
Unless of course Stephenie Meyer is toying with us, making us assume, and in the end there really is no wedding at all...
No, let's not think about that.

Credit: Stephenie Meyer

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, vampire, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Twilight Movie, Stephenie Meyer, Edward's point of view

No comments: